On September 16th, the British Columbia Wine Institute will host Colour BC VQA Fall Release Tasting and ChefMeetsBCGrape at Canada Place to showcase VQA wines of British Columbia. To learn more about these two events, please visit our earlier post here. On each day leading up to the events, we introduce you to wineries in attendance with unique stories and flavours that you will not want to miss. Today, we would like to introduce...
Mt. Boucherie Winery, Kelowna BC
- Enjoy award winning VQA wines produced with 100% percent family-owned grapes from one of the oldest vineyards in the Okanagan.
- Explore the dynamic and diverse list of varietals that Mt. Boucherie boasts.
- Gain insight into the viticulture techniques and tips employed to maintain this historic family-owned vineyard
Led by winemaker Jim Faulkner, this winery offers a diverse portfolio of well-loved reds, whites, and desert wines which allows wine lovers to select a bottle of Mt. Boucherie for any occasion. Incredibly food friendly, the variety of Mt. Boucherie wines available ensures there's a bottle to match any palate, plate and mood.
Their history and passion for wine is yours to enjoy. Your way.
To Learn More:
What you will taste:
- Pinot Gris 2014 $11.95 –Crisp, bright and refreshing on the palate.
- Semillon 2011 $11.57 – You’ll love this wine for how fresh and crisp it is on the palate, with lemony aromas and citrusy flavours combined with granny smith apple.
- Summit Reserve 2012 $21.52 – Aromas of cassis, red currant, raspberry and a hint of coffee. On the palate this full-bodied red offers firm tannins with a rounded and smooth finish.
- Pinot Noir 2012 $16.22 – A lighter red, slightly smoky with aromas of raspberry jam, vanilla bean and candied apple. On the palate strawberry coulis and fresh cherries.
Who you will meet:
Jim Faulkner, winemaker, Mario Rodi, sales manager, will be on hand to answer any questions that you might have.